Please submit the following documents electronically via ERAS:
- Completed ERAS application
- Curriculum vitae
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) report (if applicable)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) / Dean’s Letter
- Medical school transcript
- United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE) board scores
- Up to four letters of reference – one of which should be from emergency medicine
- Personal statement
AAMC ID Number
NRMP Program Code
HAEMR sponsors both J-1 and H1-B visas.
USMLE and COMLEX Requirements
Effective January 2, 2014, physicians applying for an initial limited license in MA will be required to pass USMLE Step I and Step II, CK and CS, or the first two levels of COMLEX or complete all parts of MCCQE.
Letters of Recommendation
We require three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from emergency medicine. All letters are received through ERAS. All letters received outside of ERAS, are not considered part of the official application.
Applications Outside of ERAS
HAEMR does not accept applications outside of ERAS.
The application deadline for each subsequent academic year is November 1.
Minimum Cutoff for GPA or USMLE Scores
Our program directors review every application and assess each applicant based on the entire application package. We do not have a minimum cutoff for any one piece of the application.